Huntington Congregational Church

United Church of Christ

This Week June 4, 2019

Dear Folks,

I hope you are enjoying this lovely day!

This Thursday, June 6 is our “LEO” (Let’s Eat Out). We’re heading to Arooga’s on Bridgeport Avenue near Big Y at 6:30 p.m. If you would like to join the group, please let me know ASAP so I can have the correct number when I make the reservation.

This Saturday, June 8, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Rain date is June 15) is the Community Tag Sale hosted by our Women’s Fellowship. There are still spaces available! The cost is $20 per spot and/or donate your proceeds to Women’s Fellowship for their projects/missions. Contact Denise Wilson for more info. Also, baked goods are needed for the bake sale. If you would like to bring some, please have it to the church by 8:30 a.m. Thank you!

This Sunday, June 9 is Pentecost. We will be confirming three of our young people, Kelsi Boath, Aaron Corcino, and Trevor Kellogg. The scripture is Acts 2:1-21. The sermon is “The Spirit’s Power”.

The “Strengthen the Church” offering will also be taken Sunday. 90% of the offering will go to ministries in Connecticut: Silver Lake Conference Center, Youth and Young Adult Ministries, and Faith Formation programming. The other 10% will be used by the national UCC for similar ministries. The envelopes are in the pews. Please be generous!

We want to hear from graduates of high school, vocational school, and colleges (both under-graduate and graduate degrees). These adults & young adults will be recognized at the June 16 worship service. We will need the names for the Graduate Sunday bulletin.

Let us pray. Holy God, help us to always open our hearts to the movement of your Spirit that we may truly be the people and the church that we were created and called to be. Amen.

In Christ’s love,
Rev. Lucille

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *